Different Types of Outbound Marketing in (2021)
Outbound marketing is a type of marketing where a company is initiating the conversation and sends the message out to an audience. Outbound marketing has examples that include more traditional forms of marketing and advertising such as radio ads, TV commercials, print advertisements (such as newspaper ads, flyers, magazine ads, brochures, catalogs, etc.)
And another definition for outbound marketing tries to reach consumers through general media for advertising new products as well as through in-person contact. The approach can be extremely broad such as (TV advertising), thoroughly personal (face-to-face meetings), and “impersonally personal” (blanket emails or cold-calling). Through each outbound method, sales leads are generated and it will be followed by internal sales representations.
The different types of outbound marketing are:
• TV/radio advertisements or Traditional Advertising
• Email marketing
• Events and Trade shows
• Newspaper advertising/ Through-the-line (TTL) advertising
• Content Syndication
• Websites, Blogging, and social media (which can be considered inbound and outbound)
• Direct mail (postcards, brochures, catalogs)
• Branded marketing (newsletters, pens, keychains, even flash drives)
Here you study some of the important types of outbound marketing that are shown below:
TV/radio advertisements or Traditional Advertising
Traditional Advertising or TV/radio advertisements: It is also known as above-the-line (ATL) advertising, the main traditional advertising includes media such as radio, television, print (magazines, newspapers, etc.), and billboards. ATL advertising avenues are the most effective for top-of-the-funnel activities such as brand awareness campaigns. They are still effective because they consider the number of users that listen to the radio, watch the radio, and read the newspaper every day.
Telemarketing/ Cold-Calling: Telemarketing/cold-calling is also known as being the most notorious form of communication. In cold-calling the salesman calls the database of people, and who would be prospects, to gauge their interest and convert them into paying customers. Even the salesperson usually has no prior to communicate with the customer, this term called cold-calling. Cold-calling is one of the challenging sales/marketing methods to drive sales due to do not disturb (DND) service activation or recipients unwilling to participate in the call.
Email marketing: Since Email marketing is an outbound or inbound marketing tactic has been a debatable topic, whether the customer has to agree to receive it or not, it can be categorized under outbound marketing since the sender can initiate the communication.
Here we discuss different types of email that you can send to your customer and subscribers:
1) Welcome and onboarding email sequence
2) Nurturing, Lead generation, follow-up campaigns
3) New products or feature launch
4) Customer retention campaigns
5) Weekly newsletters
6) Cross-selling or up-selling emails
7) Product feedback, survey
8) Cart abandonment emails
9) Offers, Discounts, or customer loyalty campaigns
Events and Trade Shows
Events and Trade show: Event and tradeshows allow the organization to meet their customer and prospects face-to-face to generate leads, retain existing customers or convert prospects. The corporation can be organized their events such as salesforce or participate as an attendee or sponsor in an event organized by a third party.
Newspaper Advertising/ Through-The-Line (TTL) Advertising
Newspaper Advertising/ Through-The-Line (TTL) Advertising: In TTL advertising, the brand’s promotional mix consists of both above-the-line (ATL) and below-the-line (BTL) ad types. For any brand might run an awareness campaign across social media platforms, television, and newspapers. The TTL also includes digital-out-of-home (DOOH) advertising and emerging advertising format.
Content Syndication: Content syndication is that you publish on a third-party website. Content syndication can take place through brand collaborations as well, as you work with another brand to create compelling content pieces such as downloadable guides. Content discovery platforms are a part of native advertising that allows the advertiser to place their content on third-party publishing websites. The content discovery platform like outbrain place your content ads place on third -party place publisher to drive more traffic.
Top five outbound marketing in 2021
1) Avoid shady Marketing Tactics
2) Introduce an ROI-tracking mechanism
3) Use linked ln for lead Generation
4) Implement a Full-stack CRM application
5) Build an outbound content distribution channel
1) Avoid shady marketing Tactics: The pursuit of quick wins, the marketers often follow that are shady and ineffective. The example is sending the unsolicited bulk message, buying email lists, not keeping an unsubscribe link in email, etc. Even you make sure that have explicitly obtained the user permission via text or email messages.
2) Introduce an ROI-tracking mechanism: Traditional selling is brought up because of the spray-and-pray approach because of the dearth of a sturdy chase and targeting mechanism. He would send ad variations to live the impact of every ad on sales. Here is how you do it as well:
I) Creating a unique QR code for offline media and tracking the right source
II) Even offering a platform or coupon codes or ad-specific discount.
III) It will use net promoter surveys (NPS) to evaluate the effectiveness of different platforms.
3) Use linked ln for lead Generation: It’s a common contention raised by marketers/salespeople is, “Is there any legitimate way to connect any important prospect if you have no prior communication with them”. LinkedIn offers sponsored features and Linked In premium that allows you to send messages, called In Mails to the people that are not in your connections. Where premium In Mails are just like the regular LinkedIn messages, while sponsored In Mails are quite powerful and allow you to include a call-action.
4) Implement a Full-stack CRM application: In this implement, the biggest issue faced by the sales department is keeping track of leads, customers, and prospects. The CRM software applications are capable of streamlining sales activities, and most of them miss out the tracking phone calls. CRM application is close are effective because even this CRM solution also offers a built-in call automation feature, to manage the complete inside sales process from a single interface.
5) Build an outbound content distribution channel: As we know that the content syndication is an effective content distribution method. The marketers need to build outbound content distribution and workflow to support their content marketing initiatives. Should be set the process to follow every time when the new content is published. Some examples are given below:
I) Should send an email to each and every subscriber when there is a new product piece published.
II) Should answer various relevant questions on forum s along with a link to the content piece.
III) collaborate with new brands and influencers to boost the content reach.
Some of the creating an outbound marketing strategy are:
Step 1: know your offerings – It’s the platforms that used in outbound marketing to promoting offers that differ vastly that is based on whether B2B OR B2C.
Step 2: know your audience- creating buyer personal samples will help to choose the right marketing to promote your offerings.
Step3: Research your competitor- Outbound marketing thrives on competition. The marketing channels saturated, and the brands need to keep outdoing their competitors if they want to notice.